Trochoidal millingTrochoidal milling is the overlapping of a circular path with a linear movement and thus the conversion of slot milling into contour milling. Just as in finishing operations the chip is peeled from the workpiece with a low radial depth of cut and a maximum axial depth of cut (2 x d1 to 5 x d1). The small contact angle reduces heat generation during machining and less thermal stress results in
a higher tool life.
Thus high metal removal rates can be generated even on low-powered machines and the wear during full slot-milling particularly in difficult to machine materials is reduced. The end mill is used with the entire flute length and as a result the wear is evenly spaced out over the full cutting edge length thus increasing tool life.
FRANKEN Solid Carbide End Mills „Trochoid“For trochoidal milling, our milling cutters are available with Jet-Cut cutting geometrie for steel and TiNox-Cut cutting geometry for stainless steel. The special design for trochoidal machining and material groups leads to a considerably higher metal removal rate compared to a HPC strategy. For example, time savings of 30% are possible in slot milling.
- Cutting geometry Jet-Cut for steel and TiNox-Cut for INOX
- 4 length dimensions available per type (2 x d1, 3 x d1, 4 x d1 and 5 x d1)
- Chip breaker geometry designed for process-reliable roughing of pockets and contours.
- TiNox-Cut design with internal coolant supply (ICA)
- Special preparation of cutting edges to reduce vibrations
- Low-vibration machining thanks to variable spacing and variable helix angle
- New high-performance coatings
- Optimally suited carbide substrate